We have a long and successful history in roads provision, adding value for our client base that stretches throughout South Africa.
Projects undertaken include large upgrade and rehabilitation projects for the South African National Roads Agency and major metropolitan authorities, new major urban arterial roads, new roads required to serve urban developments for large developers, urban and rural road upgrades and internal gravel roads for large agricultural estates.
Services provided range from route selection, layouts and designs for new roads, plus detailed visual assessments, testing, and pavement designs for rehabilitation and upgrade projects. Coupled with technical skills, the team also has specific experience in environmentally friendly re-use of scarce resources, including the in-situ stabilisation of existing pavement materials, recycling of reclaimed asphalt into new asphalt mixes, and utilisation of warm-mix asphalt.
Our Capabilities :
- New rural roads, including route locations and basic planning;
- Formalisation of roads in peri-urban areas;
- Upgrade of gravel roads to surfaced standards;
- New urban roads and major arterials;
- Upgrading of existing national roads;
- Rehabilitation and resurfacing of roads, from major national roads to urban streets;
- Road maintenance programmes;
- Interchange upgrades;
- Truck staging areas and industrial hardstands (container yards, etc.);
- Roads master planning;
- Traffic studies;
- Accompanying stormwater infrastructure including bridges and culverts; and
- Stormwater management and control, including permeable paving.
- Upgrade of 42 km of national road N2 (Grahamstown to Fish River pass) on improved alignment including new culverts and bridge widening.
- Upgrade of 85km of National Route R33 (Vaalwater to Lephalale) including pavement rehabilitation, road widening and culvert and bridge widening.
- Beacon Bay to Gonubie Link Road (major 4-lane greenfields urban arterial, East London).
- Special Maintenance of N2 bypassing Port Elizabeth (28km of national road in urban environment).
- Widening and rehabilitation of R67 from Grahamstown to Fort Beaufort (70km).
- Rehabilitation and resurfacing of 77km of urban arterials and streets in eThekwini.
- Doubling up of Thembalethu Interchange on the N2 (George).
- Rehabilitate and resurface over 200km of various sections of the N2 stretching from south of Port Elizabeth to Mtunzini on the KZN coast, spread over 7 separate contracts.
- Major arterial roads and collector roads to new Bridge City urban development.
- Roads and Stormwater masterplan for 3 combined local municipalities in the Northern Cape.
- Concrete Truck staging area for 140 vehicles plus associated buildings (Richards Bay).
Cary Kroeger – firstname.lastname@example.org